SOLUTION SELLING FOR TECHNICAL PROFESSIONALS
In-house - By Arrangement
In today's challenging and competitive business environment, it has become increasingly important that we capitalise on opportunities to develop and grow our business, be it from existing or new customers. In the process of delivering
one solution to meet a customer's needs, opportunities to provide additional services may arise which also will be of significant benefit to both the supplier and the customer.
Technical Professionals, often the face of the company and trusted advisors to clients, are in a unique position to uncover and respond to these opportunities, However, while very skilled technically, they may not always possess the particular skills required to uncover needs and sell additional services or solutions which would be beneficial to both the company and customers alike.
One such skill set is Solution Selling, being a sales methodology under which the focus is on customers' particular needs or problems and solutions are provided to meet those needs, rather than simply promoting an existing product or service.
The objective of this two-day programme is to assist Technical Professionals in developing all the key skills required for successful Solution Selling, underpinned by the building and maintaining of positive long-term customer relationships.
Topics covered in the workshop include:
Solution Selling and the Technical Professional
- Solution selling - an overview
- The unique position of Technical Professionals to sell solutions
- Key habits for effective Solution Selling
- Being proactive, beginning with the end in mind, thinking win-win.
Solution Selling Strategies
- Becoming a Trusted Advisor - the key attributes
- Presenting yourself and your company's services successfully
- Building and cultivating positive relationships with key personnel
- Understanding customer needs, business climate and buying constraints
- Uncovering opportunities to add value
- Providing options linked to key drivers of decision-makers
- Using rational decision-making techniques to support solutions
- Responding to RFPs and RFIs.
Interpersonal Skills for Solution Selling
Recognising and working with different personalities and social styles
Roadblocks in communication and how to avoid them
Getting your message across persuasively - words and actions
Listening, questioning and fact finding skills
Handling opposition and objections
Negotiation skills for successful Solution Selling.
On completion of the workshop, Technical Professionals will understand the process of Solution Selling and the unique position they hold to capitalise on new business opportunities. They also will have developed all the key skills for
successful Solution Selling and the building of effective long term customer relationships essential for business and sales success.
- For details of our public
course dates click
- To book on to a public
course click here
- To contact us about a customised in-house
programme for presentation on the site of your choice click