THE NEW MANAGER: DEVELOPING A GROWTH MINDSET
||Public Course - Wellington
||In-house - By Arrangement
||Public Course - $1375+GST
In-house - On application
Public - 21-22 April
In-house - By Arrangement
Today’s managers and team leaders play a key role in the achievement of each organisation’s goals and objectives. They must be able to meet the demands of their own jobs while at the same time lead, motivate and inspire staff toward the achievement of defined business outcomes.
To do so effectively requires many skills, both technical and personal. They must be responsive not only to the changing needs the organisation but also to the changing needs of the people for whom they are responsible.
The most effective managers today are those with a growth mindset and a high degree of self-awareness, who not only lead by example but also encourage and help their staff to succeed, to fulfil their potential at work and, most importantly, improve their thinking.
The objective of this two-day interactive programme is to assist new Managers in developing all the key management and influencing skills to enhance both their own performance and that of the staff they manage.
topics covered in the workshop include:
Module 1: The Management Role
- Skills, attributes and behaviours of the proactive manager
- Current management models and a growth mindset
- Assessing our own management style and development needs
- Understanding and working with different personalities and social styles
- Using transactional analysis and the change model to modify behaviour.
Module 2 : Communication Skills for New Managers
- Understanding roadblocks in communication and how to avoid them
- Emotional intelligence and building emotional maturity
- Communication and influencing skills for new managers
- Promoting a climate for personal feedback
- Courageous conversations.
Module 3 : Managing Staff Performance
- Handling performance issues for positive results
- Managing nebulous areas of performance, such as attitude
- Adopting a project management approach to bring about change
- Giving feedback – motivating and modifying.
Module 4 : Delegation, Coaching and Motivation
- Enhancing delegation skills, including preparation and building trust
- Coaching for improved performance
- Building and motivating the team.
On completion of the workshop, participants will have learnt all of the key skills to manage their staff and the day-to- day challenges of their role successfully.
They will understand the skills, attributes and behaviours required, assessed their own strengths and development needs and be able to communicate effectively in a variety of challenging situations. They will have also learnt how to raise performance issues, delegate and coach effectively and know how to build and motivate their team.
- For details of our public
course dates click
- To book on to a public
course click here
- To contact us about a customised in-house
programme for presentation on the site of your choice click