NEGOTIATION FOR SUCCESS
||Public Course - Wellington
||In-house - By Arrangement
||Public Course - $1325+GST
In-house - On application
Public - 11-12 March
In-house - By Arrangement
The ability to negotiate effectively is critical for success. Be it a major commercial deal, property settlement, funding or community project, contract for employment or the sale or purchase of a property, we must be able to identify what it is we want, what we are willing to accept and what is and what is not negotiable. We must then be able to work towards agreement without damaging relationships. At the same time, we must remain firm under pressure, avoid the hidden pitfalls and handle the tactics used at times to make us concede.
Through the skills of negotiation, we can work constructively towards reaching agreements which not only satisfy us but the other party as well. In essence, we are able to build long-term relationships, respect and trust, the essential ingredients for success.
The aim of this two-day workshop is to assist managers, team leaders, project managers and other staff in developing a thorough understanding of the process of negotiation and to provide them with the skills, framework and methodology necessary to prepare for and conduct negotiations successfully. Particular emphasis is on enhancing the quality of negotiated outcomes through the promotion of "win - win" results and the building of long-term relationships.
topics covered in the workshop include:
- Difference between negotiation and other forms of agreement
- Negotiation and desired outcomes for you and your organisation
- The negotiation process
- The nine steps of preparation for negotiation
- Setting the climate for negotiations
- Working towards agreement - opening, discussing, proposing, bargaining
- Communication and influencing skills for negotiation
- Interpersonal negotiations
- Using negotiation skills to avoid, minimise or manage conflict
- Negotiation strategies, tactics and different social styles
- Recognising and counteracting games people play
- Applying negotiation skills to projects - threats to time, cost and scope.
On completion of the workshop, participants will have learnt all the key skills for negotiating successfully in a variety of situations. They will be able to use win-win negotiating techniques and strategies to prepare and present appropriate negotiation packages and use effective communication skills for negotiating quality outcomes for both the larger issues as well as day-to-day interpersonal situations.
- For details of our public
course dates click
- To book on to a public
course click here
- To contact us about a customised in-house
programme for presentation on the site of your choice click