PERFORMANCE DEVELOPMENT CONVERSATIONS
Public and In-house
Public course - Wellington
- By Arrangement
||Public Course - $795+GST
In-House - On application
Public - 18 March
In house - By Arrangement
Performance Development Conversations provide an excellent opportunity for Managers and staff to review progress during the year and discuss not only what has gone well but any issues which may have impacted on performance.
However, to conduct these conversations effectively is not always easy, requiring both leadership and skill. Without these, much of the value of the conversations can be lost, with the exercise being viewed by both Manager and staff alike more in the nature of a compliance exercise, rather than an opportunity for building positive working relationships, staff development and growth.
The objective of this one-day programme is to assist Managers and Team Leaders in developing/updating all the key skills to conduct effective Performance Development Conversations, with a particular focus on providing both positive and negative feedback, motivating and raising constructively the more difficult issues relating to performance.
Topics covered in the workshop include:
Role of the Manager/Team Leader
- Key leadership role of the Manager/Team Leader in managing performance
- Skills required for successful performance management and performance conversations.
Conducting Performance Conversations
- Preparation for Performance Development Conversations, balancing technical objectives with behaviours and development needs
- Setting the scene for positive results
- Getting our message across effectively - words and behaviours
- Giving feedback on performance, both motivating and modifying
- Listening, questioning and responding
- Avoiding feedback overload
- Being direct and honest without damaging relationships
- Expressing "negative" information constructively
- Dealing with oppostion and objections
- Following a project management process and setting ongoing review dates
- Key tips for coaching and the development of action plans for the future.
- For details of our public
course dates click
- To book on to a public
course click here
contact us about a customised in-house programme for presentation
on the site of your choice click here